Image Map

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Hello blogging community!

First Post!! | Welcome


I have put a lot of thought in to this blog, but very little action.  I guess I can say that I am a little apprehensive about actually starting this and keeping focused.  I have planned an outline for a posting schedule, brainstormed the potential layout, scouted everything on Pinterest and have become overwhelmed by all the talent and amazing blogs out there.  So back to square one... how in the world do I begin a blog in a world that is full of wonderful blogs?  Just start typing.  I have pretty much everything from my first round checklist:


  1. A title | by far the hardest thing to create.  You know, screen names (hello AOL), email addresses, eBay names, Etsy stores... luckily I had an idea and that helped create the name of my blog.
  2. A reason | it started out that I wanted to create a fashion blog with looks that were simpler then what I saw online.  Fashion has taken storm on Pinterest and other social media networks and every look is absolutely amazing.  Mixing textures, patterns, colors while adding accessories and out of this world nail art with killer heels and wedges are everywhere.  I wanted to be able to recreate those looks on a budget or using items already in my closet or refashioned from the thrift store.  I was searching for a simple style for myself and being a mom, it only seemed fitting.
  3. A camera | I have a Nikon D3200.  My grandpa gave me a tripod and my husband found me a remote control for the camera's timer.  What else do I need to start?  
  4. Time   Motivation  | by far the hardest one yet.  I have a lot of time.  My daughter is pretty independent and when we aren't playing or learning, I have some time to watch my favorite YouTube beauty gurus or surf Instagram or Pinterest.  Now, I have to bite the bullet and begin.  It's been 6 months since the new year and now is a better time then never to start this new journey.  
I am hope that you will follow this blog so you can get to know me and I can get to know you.  I have always enjoyed writing and meeting new people and I would be honored to join a wonderful community of bloggers.






No comments:

Post a Comment