Image Map

Friday, June 7, 2013

Confession: I wear kids shoes

Confession | I have something to tell you...

One thing that has always plagued me during my life was my feet.  No, I don't have a strange fungal growth on my toes nor do I have 6 toes, but I have exceptionally small feet.  I wear a women's size 4-4.5 or a girls size 2-2.5.  Now in proportion with my body my feet are the right size for my frame and I am very glad that don't wear a size 7 on my 5'1 frame, but finding affordable shoes is by far one of the most daunting tasks I have ever experienced.  (Not to mention finding the perfect pair of pants or jeans that don't need to be altered, but that's a completely different story.)

What you might learn about me while reading my blog is that I own a lot of kid sized shoes.  I wear a size 2 in TOMS, 2 1/2 in Jessica Simpson ballet flats, 2 in Converse and 3/4 in flip flops and I wear these shoes most of the time.  Before I even started a style blog I was wondering how on earth I could pull off this blog with the pathetic shoe collection I own?  And then I remembered that I am a mom and it's okay if I wear Chucks to run to the store or flip flops with a summer dress because that's what mom's do when they need to run after a 3 year old.




While making this blog, affordable feet wear will be my most challenging task and I apologize if all you ever see me in are flip flops and TOMS.  However, I do own heels.  I was a first grade teacher for a couple years and my worst fear was going to school in the same shoes as my students so I have invested in some heels that I will show on this blog, but they are pretty classic or just neutral shoes.

Oh how I wish (!!!!)  I had all the stylish shoes to showcase with my outfits, but unfortunately I just don't have the budget to do so.  So there it is... my first blog confession: I wear kids shoes.  



No comments:

Post a Comment